First of all, my apologies for the long hiatus. Much had happened. I have moved back to Singapore from London to resume my work, nursing dementia patients. As far as I know, I won’t be moving anywhere else for the next two years and I had to bid everyone I love in London goodbye for this (hopefully, temporary) separation. My attention was then more urgently required as I moved in to my new place here in Singapore. And almost immediately after that, work begun and I’ve been madly occupied ever since! So in short, busy, busy, busy! That said, I have been missing London terribly and looking forward to come back, perhaps after 2 years? 🙂 We’ll have to see which way the wind will blow.
Now, let’s get back to blogging business!
I would like to thank Diane at Nomad Seeks Home for nominating me for a Liebster Award some time back (click for her post) and I am finally getting around to complete it and passing it on.
Image found on Google, but linked to The Next Activity.
A little information about Liebster Award – it is basically a way to introduce newer blogs to the community. German in origin, Liebster means “Dearest”. So here’s to saying hi to new blogs and getting to know more about the lovely bloggers!
Let me start with 11 (fun) facts about myself:
1) Never in my entire life have I ever thought I would become a nurse. But I grew to love nursing and I would never change this, even if I could.
2) I think I have slight OCD. In the weirdest ways. E.g. the need for constant hand-washing, the sudden obsessive urge to clean the bathroom halfway while bathing.
3) I have always enjoyed solitude; more so ever since I’ve moved out from home, and started living on my own while pursuing my nursing studies.
4) I may be slightly alcoholic, but well-controlled I assure you. 😛
5) I have never liked coffee, until I went to Italy last December. Now I am a crazy coffee addict.
6) I wear my heart out on my sleeves – not too sure if that’s a good thing, because it only means I get hurt way too easily & I feel too much.
7) When I was younger, chocolate makes me bounce off walls. The effects have toned down a lot now.
8) Once upon a time, I have aspired to be a singer. I love singing, if you haven’t already noticed. Lol.
9) I love dancing, but I believe I have two left feet.
10) Apparently, I can do a perfect slut drop. I have only achieved this once. Aha.
11) I don’t like eating pork, I avoid it as much as I possibly can.
The next section, Diane posed some questions for me:
1) What’s number 1 on your bucket list?
It’s between 2 things right now, I can’t decide which is number one at the moment: Visiting Turkey, and skydiving.
2) Why did you start blogging?
It was all the hype when I first started. I started because I was curious, and then it turned into an online journal; really personal at first, but I guess now it’s more generalised with a hint of personality :P!
3) What’s the most beautiful location you’ve ever found yourself in?
At this point in my life, the most beautiful place I’ve ever found myself in has to be at Killarney, Ireland. It was simply breath-taking and never have I felt so much at peace and serenity in one place.
4) Who dropped the screw in the tuna? (If you can’t answer this then you’re not around my age, ha ha).
I do not know this! AHA! (But I have gone to Google it! :P).
5) What is your perfect snack?
Mmm, crackers with goat’s cheese. 🙂
6) Sweet or savoury?
This is tough, I like them both, and it really depends on the mood! 😛
7) What is your dream job?
I want to be a baker. Open up a cafe, make yummy cakes and sweet treats to make everyone happy! 😀
8) Celebrity crush?
At the moment, it is Luke Evans. On any other day, it probably has to be Chris Hemsworth. His blue eyes. 🙂
9) Vintage or new clothes?
Hmm! I like vintage clothing, but new clothes have their perks too!
10) What is your favourite book?
Oh, this is not something I can answer – I have loads! :O A whole list, probably! Let’s start with the Harry Potter series!
11) Have you been to any blogger events?
Yes I have! To mention a few: when I was in London, I got lucky and attended London Coffee Festival with the lovely Nuffnang UK bunch! Nuffnang UK 1st ever birthday bash. After that, got invited to Miso Tasty launch dinner party; FEAST, tickets by Nuffnang UK; Paul A. Young’s chocolate workshop by Indytute, courtesy of Sarah from The Prosecco Diaries.
Now, my turn to ask questions!
11 questions, what am I going to ask?!
1) What is your greatest achievement so far?
2) Tell me about your biggest fear.
3) Snail mails or emails?
4) Which is your favourite city in the world; and/or which city do you really want to live in?
5) Which one book that you have read this past year left a memorable imprint on you, and why?
6) What is your favourite cake?
7) Your first love.
8) What is your dream job?
9) Favourite cuisine of all time?
10) If you can have one wish (just the one) right now, what would it be?
11) Leave a nice message for your dearest readers, here!
So here are the rules:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Share 11 random facts about you.
3) Answer the questions I have posed above.
4) Nominate your choice of bloggers.
5) Come up with your set of 11 questions for those bloggers to answer!
Honey – The Girl Next Shore
Charlotte – CharlotteSteggz
Sarah – The Prosecco Diaries
Krystal – Lil-Soybean
Sara – Hello The Mushroom
Jazmine – Jazzabelle’s Diary
I hope you had fun reading bits and pieces of me! Jesse from Hecticophilia has also shared hers here, so take a look? Even if you are NOT nominated but still feel like doing it, by all means! Share with us! 😀
Looking forward to read all your posts now! 😀